Our office will be updating this page with more info on an ongoing basis. We encourage the public to contact these organizations directly with questions related to their role in this issue.
Teck and International Raw Materials (IRM):
- Sept. 10, 2018 — Joint IRM-Teck Fact Sheet (Read this first)
International Raw Materials: Carrie Gaines, Manager Sulphuric Acid, 215-928-1010
Teck Trail Operations: Catherine Adair, Community Relations Leader, 250-364-4878
- ICBC Infographic: “Have you been impacted by sulphuric acid spills in Trail?”
- ICBC Customer Fact Sheet – Trail Acid Spills
- ICBC Web page: Information for ICBC customers affected by sulphuric acid spills in Trail
- NEW! Oct. 10, 2018 — Media Statement: ICBC files Notice of Civil Claim for costs incurred from Trail sulfuric acid spills
- Sept. 26, 2018 — ICBC Q&A (Questions brought to me by constituents are answered by ICBC)
ICBC has set up a special phone line to answer general questions about the acid
spills and your coverage: 1-866-566-7199 anytime 24/7.
- Sept. 23, 2018 — IRM Press release: Small spill September 22nd
- Sept.6, 2018 — City of Trail: “City of Trail waiting for acid spill debriefing”
- Aug. 10, 2018 — City of Trail: “City of Trail meets with IRM following recent acid spills”
In the news:
- NEW! Oct. 10. 2018: Trail Times — ICBC files lawsuit over Trail sulphuric acid spills
- Click here to see Google News feed on the topic of “Trail acid spill”
- Sept. 24, 2018 — Global News video: “Frustration grows with third acid spill near Trail” (with comments by Tip O’Neill, IRM President)
Here is some additional information we have received from other sources that you may find helpful.
…more to come as information becomes available.