Our office will continue to update this page with more info on an ongoing basis. We encourage the public to contact these organizations directly with questions related to their role in this issue.
Teck and International Raw Materials (IRM):
- Oct. 17, 2018 — Update Letter to Trail residents from IRM
- Sept. 10, 2018 — Joint IRM-Teck Fact Sheet (Read this first)
International Raw Materials: Carrie Gaines, Manager Sulphuric Acid, 215-928-1010
Teck Trail Operations: Catherine Adair, Community Relations Leader, 250-364-4878
- ICBC Infographic: “Have you been impacted by sulphuric acid spills in Trail?”
- ICBC Customer Fact Sheet – Trail Acid Spills
- ICBC Web page: Information for ICBC customers affected by sulphuric acid spills in Trail
- Oct. 10, 2018 — Media Statement: ICBC files Notice of Civil Claim for costs incurred from Trail sulfuric acid spills
- Sept. 26, 2018 — ICBC Q&A (Questions brought to me by constituents are answered by ICBC)
ICBC has set up a special phone line to answer general questions about the acid
spills and your coverage: 1-866-566-7199 anytime 24/7.
- Sept. 23, 2018 — IRM Press release: Small spill September 22nd
- Sept.6, 2018 — City of Trail: “City of Trail waiting for acid spill debriefing”
- Aug. 10, 2018 — City of Trail: “City of Trail meets with IRM following recent acid spills”
In the news:
- Click here to see Google News feed on the topic of “Trail acid spill” (This will link to a list of all published news articles about the topic).
Here is some additional information from other sources that you may find helpful.
- Oct. 25th News release: MP Cannings Questions Prime Minister on Trail Acid Spills
- Sept. 24, 2018 — MLA receives update about acid spills from Teck
- Sept. 17, 2018: MLA’s statement about acid spills
- Ministry of Environment Q&A about acid spills in Trail
- Aug. 21, 2018 — Vehicle Sales Authority of BC Dealer Alert
…more to come as information becomes available.